Areas of focus
The Jayne Koskinas Ted Giovanis Foundation for Health and Policy (JKTG Foundation) funds cancer research, policy projects and events that foster public discussion around health care and health policy to benefit the public good. The Foundation serves as an honest, independent broker of ideas and actions designed to improve the quality of care patients experience.
In 2021, JKTG Foundation work focuses on rethinking health care quality, supporting cancer research and uses for real-world evidence. Of particular interest is building collaboration by fostering multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary research in the area of breast cancer metastasis. The JKTG Foundation is honored to be supported by TeamTGM, a championship-winning race team that competes in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge. Below are initiatives JKTG Foundation is supporting.
Research & Policy Analysis
- Continuing to fund collaborative, emerging cancer research that involves leading researchers with different areas of focus and background from organizations across the country.
- Funding collaborative, mathematical research projects that challenge traditional approaches to understanding cancer and cancer metastasis from hand-picked researchers across the country.
- Investigating new policy proposals and changes to Medicare and wider health care coverage with patients in mind, advocating against harmful rules, legislation and policy that impact the quality of care patients’ experience including quality measures and incentives.
- Ongoing collaborative research to identify the underlying processes of how breast cancer metastasizes for a better understanding and to facilitate more effective treatments.
- Hosting the annual Jayne Koskinas Memorial Symposium featuring leading cancer researchers and fostering collaboration within the health research discipline.
- Convening clinician researchers, policy analysts, reporters, patients and others to facilitate candid dialog on key issues and serving as an independent broker of ideas.