Areas of focus
The Jayne Koskinas Ted Giovanis Foundation for Health and Policy (JKTG Foundation) funds cancer research and rethinking health care quality and effectiveness.
In 2023, JKTG Foundation work focuses on emerging cancer research, and uses for real-world evidence. Of particular interest is building collaboration by fostering multi-institutional and multi-disciplinary research in the area of breast cancer metastasis.
The JKTG Foundation is honored to be supported by Team TGM, a championship-winning race team that competes in the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge.
Below are initiatives JKTG Foundation is supporting.
Research & Policy Analysis
- Continuing to fund collaborative, emerging cancer research that involves leading researchers with different areas of focus and background from organizations across the country.
- Funding collaborative, mathematical research projects that challenge traditional approaches to understanding cancer and cancer metastasis from hand-picked researchers across the country.
- Investigating new policy proposals and changes to Medicare and wider health care coverage with patients in mind, advocating against harmful rules, legislation, and policy that impact the quality-of-care patients’ experience.
- Ongoing collaborative research to identify the underlying processes of how breast cancer metastasizes for a better understanding and to facilitate more effective treatments.
- Hosting the annual Jayne Koskinas Memorial Symposium featuring leading cancer researchers and fostering collaboration within health research disciplines.
- Convening clinician-researchers, policy analysts, reporters, patients, and others to facilitate candid dialog on key issues serving as an independent broker of ideas.
Jayne Koskinas Ted Giovanis
Foundation for Health and Policy
PO Box 130
Highland, Maryland 20777
Media contact: 202.548.0133